Thursday, June 8, 2017

A little progress...

Well now, we seem to be getting somewhere, or rather our stuff is getting somewhere.  I've made 3 trips to charities to drop off clothing and household stuff, one trip to the Habitat for Humanity Restore to donate stuff, one acquaintance came to pick up things for another charity and we've sold a bunch of stuff.   Let me just take a minute to sing the praises of Facebook's Marketplace.  Hands down quicker responses and better than Craigslist or other yard sale sites.  I like it!  With help from Abi and Kimmon, I was able to get the garage back in shape and cleaned out to pre-move shape (which is good, we've always been able to park our two cars in there).

Wednesday the painters came for round to and worked on the stairs, dining room and kitchen.  Kimmon also surprised me by taking care of the outside, side stairs that I had forgotten during deck painting.  Aside from a few magic eraser spots here and there and maybe a quick coat on a door or 2, painting is done!!

So now I'm going to be working like a crazy woman to get the house show ready by the 16th.  We don't have much furniture left, just need to tackle the paper clutter (hello teachers, end of school metric ton of paper you are sending home!), some decor pieces that have been taken down, the basement craft room, and Abigail's toys (dear me the little bits of toys that girl loves!)  The 16th our realtor comes and hopefully gets us on the market quickly and there aren't too many more "little" things that need to be done, I just might cry if there are.
Tuesday we almost finalized the leasing process for our new home.  It is in Higham Ferrers.  I say almost because we can't get in until I get there and sign the papers (yes, we've asked, yes they know the situation, yes it is a pain in the dupa, yes it is how they do business there).  As soon as the leasing company can send them, I'll post some pictures.  It's a lovely 5 bedroom home, plenty of room for visitors (wink wink, nudge nudge).

I'm taking a little time for self care this weekend too.  Can't run the well dry!  Ok, enough time on this computer, I have clutter to cut through.





No comments:

Post a Comment