Well it just got real. Took the hubby to the airport and he is off and on his way to our new homeland...England. We have both have a lot of work ahead of us. He will arrive and begin learning a new job, driving on the other side of the road, house hunting, buying a car, setting up a PO box, buying appliances, setting up a new bank account...and about a million other things. Meanwhile back at the old homestead, I'm trying to clean up, clear out, spruce up, close out all the while keeping up with the little one and work and about a million other things.
So we've created a new word at our house...nerscareted (pronounced ner-scare-ted) for the feelings of nervousness, scared, and excitement that can be happening all at once. I think it is pretty accurate. Through the course of the day I feel all 3, with a dose of overwhelming, anticipation, and hope also thrown in. As I sit here after getting the little on in bed, I'm actually feeling pretty good about it. I've got a plan, my best friend is on her way to help out, someone will come this weekend to take away some of the furniture they have purchased, I've rescheduled the movers for later in June, the weekend weather looks good for a yard sale, and the hubby will hopefully have secured our new housing this Saturday.
I hope you'll continue to follow us on this journey. I'm sure we'll have some wacky adventures, cultural confusions, and some drama along the way. I'll try to keep it interesting, so hang in there. Oh, and if you are out and about on Friday or Saturday, I know where they are having a great sale!

I passed the drivers test already, so I feel pretty accomplished. :)
ReplyDeleteYeah David. It must feel weird driving on the left side of the road. Good luck with all the other chores that lie ahead. Hope all goes well with the house viewing on Sat.
ReplyDeleteLove, Tricia